Wednesday, April 4, 2007

QotW10: Meet Elsa Maertens

I think I am not the only one having problem with Second Life. The system seems to lag everytime I log on. When I want to open it on my Macbook, I forget I don't have wireless connection. Dang!

I managed to escape Orientation Island. Bless the souls of those who are still stuck there. I flew around aimlessly. Made some new friends. Mainly my real friends in my first life. That was corny.

Everyone, meet Elsa Maertens.

I choose the name Elsa because it reminds me of a flapper's name. Very 1920's. Very me. As for my surname, Maertens, is it just me or does it sound German to anyone? It has a nice ring to it. Besides, I love Germany so it is kind of like a mini tribute.

As for the clothing, I was not left with much choice. I am sure I look like most of those who choose this character when they started Second Life. Boring. I had a tough time altering my look. I went as far as editing my skin colour, less freckles, getting redder lips etc. While looking around for a new look, the computer went dead on me. So I am stuck with this look till I figure something out. For now, I am wearing my favourite red flats! Also, my hair is all poofy which is unlike my usual straight, always in place hairdo. A change from my real persona.

I managed to teleport myself to Silverscreen, a Sparta build. I wanted to grab myself the free female costume. It looks something like the one Queen Gorgo wore in the movie but I cannot find it.

My current favourite place in Second Life. As you can see, I am staring intently at the 300 posters. Particularly to the one of King Leonidas. Sigh.


There was a conference held here a couple of weeks ago. Apparently the director of 300, Zack Snyder along with the cast (Gerard Butler, Lena Heady, David Wenham) were here to do some press work. I regret not knowing. I could have gotten Gerard Butler's autograph!


Looks like I am in Sparta! It looks just like the movie. Had fun exploring this 'island'. Even though I got stuck in a water fountain. I managed to fly my way out of the sticky situation though. Note: Do not jump into water if you do not know how to swim.


Before I left, I managed to 'meet' a Spartan warrior. Maybe it is just some guy wearing the Spartan uniform. I said, 'Hi' but he ignored me. Bruised my ego a little bit. Considering the bulk of people who came up to me sound leery.

To illustrate,

Random Guy: Hi there!

Me: Hello. I'm new here.

Random Guy: I'm Juan from Brazil. [starts to walk around me as if I'm a toadstool]

Me (thinking to myself): That's weird. Move along.

Random Guy: Brazil is a beautiful country. You must come and visit.

I was already walking away by then.


Guys, add me in Second Life! You too Kevin Suisei. I want to go to those clubs you were telling us.

4 comments:

Sy said...

HAHA. i was panicking when i was trapped under water! i tried flying but this stupid building was in the way, which made me panick even more! so i teleported~ hurray for the teleporting function. hurs.

neko-chan said...

i didn't thought of teleporting myself. i kept flying. jumping up and down like a moron. then, finally managed to squeeze my way out. heh. thanks for the tip tho. next time i'm stuck somewhere, i'll beam myself out of trouble.

Curious Curandera said...

Just searching the blogs and found yours. It’s very interesting.

Anonymous said...

Maertens is Flemish NOT
German!